Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Catch Phrase Nation

This one is dedicated to a co-worker who uses stupid repetitive phrases all the time.

I hate them. You've been them before, I've been them too, but I hate them never-the-less, the people who use catch phrases as an auto-response to a statment. I know someone who says "there ya go" whenever you've proposed a solution to a problem, no matter what it is. You could be discussing the perfect way to dispose of his decrepid rotting body and he'd still say "there you go" in non-chalant agreement. It drives me crazy. Since when did it become so taxing to actually engage in conversation that we as a society adopt a set (and I do mean set) series of responses for any given situation. Worse yet, these goddam phrases spread and infect the friends of the users. It's getting to the point, at work, that I can't say a goddam thing without hearing an automatic "there ya go". I just can't take this lazy bullshit variety of interaction that gets pushed on me at every turn. Either pay attention to what I'm saying or DO NOT RESPOND, because you can take your fucked up pile of bullshit responses and fuck yourself with them.

Love,
Daniel

No comments: